Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Last day in Stockholm, Sweden

 I took one long and last look at Stockholm, don't when I'll be back again. I leave for Finland tomorrow. I took a boat cruise around the city, 'the royal canal tour', it was very nice but too short, only 50 minutes. It went on the waterway around the city, it gave access to places that cannot be accessed on land. I love that the city has this huge park land that was once the hunting ground of the royal family but now its opened to everyone and it is very beautiful. Its home to lots of old trees, birds, insects and other wild life. Its now the playing field for the locals. Its healthy to work hard and yet have beautiful places to relax in, makes for a more productive work force.


 One more thing to try, Swedish meatballs, had them for lunch, very nice!
 Gamla Stan for one last look, busy as usual.
 More street acts.

 I'm sitting in the plaza in front of the Nobel museum and it felt so good.
 A band marched over from the royal palace. It made me cry, I love people in uniform, I love music, I love that I'm in front of the Nobel museum. I remember the previous winners of the Nobel prize, people who made such incredible contributions to the well being of humanity, whether it be the discovery of the structure of DNA(Watson and Crick) or life saving vaccines with the eradication of smallpox and polio, and so many more which I can't name right now. I also remember with disgust the useless loss of lives by senseless killing all over the world. What would the world be like without the contributions made by the Judeo-Christian Western world?
 These were two beautiful Swedes all dressed up and handing out coupons to encourage people to visit Skansen. Skansen is an open air museum that celebrate ancient Swedish life and culture.
Here's a funky shop. I was in there stealing ideas.
I love this bridge, its the bridge where all the rail traffic comes across in and out of the Central train station. Boy, do I know this station? Its the place for trains, commuter trains, metro and buses and anyone wanting to visit Stockholm better be familiar with it!

No comments: