Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Mariehamn, Aland







Its hotter than in Sweden. Here the lupines are at the end of its season. People are strange here. They look at me strangely. I guess there are few minorities here and I stick out like a sore thumb. I've never felt so lost in all my travels. The cruise ship coming here was very comfortable. The people on both sides, Finland and Sweden travel on these ships because there is duty free shopping and they do it to make their alcohol and tobacco run. They started drinking at 9am as soon as the bar is opened and don't stop until the ship docks. I swear, as soon as the ship docks, they are on another ship making the trip home! I've always assumed that people here this much north are all tall and beautiful. But I've seen some really short, fat and ugly ones.

No comments: